This Privacy Notice explains how The Good Neighbours Network intends to process the personal information of GN Group volunteers and others whose data we hold enabling us to undertake out activities. This will also outline the rights of these individuals in holding their personal information.
This notice was last updated on: 24/05/2018
Your personal information – what is it?
Personal information (personal data) is anything that can identify an individual. The processing of personal information is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Who are we?
The Good Neighbours Network comprises over 120 Good Neighbours groups across Hampshire. We offer advice, governance support and training to GN Groups. The GN Network is the data controller with responsibility for processing this personal information.
How do we process your personal information?
The GNN complies with our obligations under GDPR by keeping your personal information up to date; by storing and destroying it securely either manually or electronically; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of personal information; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that processes are in place to protect your personal information.
What is the legitimate interest (lawful basis) for processing your personal information?
The GNN processes your personal information so that we can undertake our activities that support GN Groups.
Sharing your personal information
Your personal information will be treated as confidential by the GNN and will only be shared with other group members, so that we can undertake our activities. There may be instances where we share your personal details with a voluntary organisation or public authority for referral or signposting purposes or if there is a safeguarding issue. We will only share your personal information with third parties outside of the GN Network with your permission.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will keep your personal information for as long as you are part of the GN Network.
Your rights and your personal information
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal information:
- The right to request a copy of personal information that the GNN holds about you
- The right to request personal information found to be inaccurate/out of date is corrected
- The right to request your personal information is erased where it is no longer necessary for the group to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the group provides you with your personal information
- The right where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal information, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal information (where applicable)
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
Contact Details To exercise your individual rights under the GDPR, or to get in touch with us with any queries or complaints, please contact Good Neighbours Network firstname.lastname@example.org 02392 899671. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113.
Copyright pdscsr 2016 GNN Hub is hosted by the council for Social Responsibility. Registered charity No. 1145162 Company by limited guarantee 7717141